If you are looking at that what sauce goes with gammon? then you are at the right place. I am sharing the 14 best sauces and their ingredients, instructions and uses.
Types of sauce for gammon
There are four types of sauces that go with gammon. And you are looking for sauce for gammon. Here is mention blew.
1. sweet sauces
When we talk about the sweet Sauce for Gammon, honey and mustard glaze are the first options that come to mind to give Gammons a sweet and delicious flavour.
This Sauce contains honey, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and lemon juice.
To make it, combine all the constituents and sprinkle this mixture over the Gammons before you cook, roast, or grill it.
This Sauce is the best choice for sweet lovers; they can enjoy honey and mustard flavour with Gammons freely.
2. Savory sauces
When talking about the savoury sauces for Gammons, we learn the four basic sauces: red wine sauce, peppercorn sauce, mushroom sauce, and Dijon mustard sauce.
Red wine sauce is made from vegetables, red wine, beef, herbs, and spices.
Peppercorn sauce is made with cream, peppercorns, vegetables, and beef.
Mushroom sauce is made from sauteed mushrooms, onion, garlic, creams, and herbs.
Dijon mustard sauce is made from Dijon cream and white wine.
All these savoury sauces are suited best with Gammons.
3 Fruity Sauce
Fruity Sauce involves fruit flavour, and mostly apricot sauces are included. This Sauce very beautifully raises the taste of Gammons.
It gives Gammons a natural and acidic flavour of fruits. You can add more flavour, garlic, ginger, and mustard or lemon juice.
Heat the apricot and put it on Gammons during cooking to make it smooth.
Now enjoy Gammons with a natural fruit taste of sweetness and acid.
4. Spicy Sauce
As its name indicates, it gives you a spicy flavour. It includes spicy Barbecue sauce.
It gives a spicy, smokey, and sweet taste to Gammon’s. You can make it at home, and you can also use it by taking it from the store.
It contains ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and chilli powder. By mixing all these, you can easily make it at home.
You can put on spices according to your taste and desire for spiciness. Enjoy your food with spicy Barbecue sauce.
Tips on choosing the perfect Sauce
Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect Sauce for Gammons to make it a flavourful dish.
- Which Sauce goes well with Gammons, or which kind of Sauce do you want to put on, like sweet, fruity, or spicy, so first think about the flavour.
- For sweetness, choose honey and mustard sauce; for spicy, choose barbecue sauce; for fruity flavour, choose apricot sauces and doe savoury flavour; choose red wine, mushroom, or peppercorn sauce.
- Gammons have a naturally sweet and savoury flavour, so adjust the Sauce by keeping in mind the natural taste of Gammons.
- Also, remember the texture of the Sauce you want with Gammons, like creamy, smooth, or velvet touch. So choose according to your preferences.
- Also, consider the side dish you are serving or dining with Gammons dish, so plan the Sauce according to thinking the others say or do.
Sauces for Gammons
Thirteen sauce options go with the Gammons to enhance the overall dish taste. These are
1. Mango chutney sauce
Mango chutney sauce is a very delicious sauce made of ripe mangoes.
It is used in the cuisine of both South Asia and India. Mango chutney is usually sweet but spicy when adding ginger, chilli powder, garlic, and other spices and herbs.
Uses: it is a side dish for snacks, meat, sandwiches, and gammon.
Ingredients: It is prepared from mango, chilli powder, oil, water, salt, vinegar, and herbs
- To make it, peel off the mango, cut it into small sections, put it into the Sauce, fry it in oil for a few minutes, and add water, salt, and chilli.
- Sprinkle vinegar over it.
- Peel off the mango properly
- Avoid spices to maintain the natural sweetness of mangoes.
2. English parsley sauce
We can also call it parsley cream sauce or parsley white Sauce. It is usually made from cream, butter, and milk base and has a creamy touch and they used as a sauce for gammon.
Ingredients: The main constituents going with it are butter, flour, milk, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper.
- To make it, liquify the butter, put the flour into it, and make it like a paste.
- Add up milk in it slowly, and cook it until the desired consistency occurs
- Put the parsley in it and cook it more.
- Parsley sauce is ready, now use it as a side serving with Gammons or snacks.
Liquify the butter and cook the flour in the butter carefully. Don’t overcook it; otherwise, it affects the taste and appearance of the Sauce.
3. Easy Sauce for Gammons
The simple and easy Sauce for gammons is honey mustard glaze sauce.
It is used in Gammon dipping, sandwiches, pasta, salad, and veggies.it is used to bake ham.
It contains honey, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- To make it, combine all the elements so the sugar mixes with all constituents properly
- Use the Sauce with grilled or roasted gammons, sandwiches, and pasta.
- Set the thickness if you require a thick consistency.
- Set the basting and layering to form a clear and shiny appearance.
4. Creamy sauce for Gammons
White Sauce is used to make a creamy sauce for Gammons. The creamy Sauce contains cream, so it gives a velvety touch or appearance.
Uses: it is commonly used for Gammons and with meat.
Ingredients. It contains butter, flour, milk, cheese, Dijon mustard, salt, and peppers.
- Instructions: it is prepared by liquefying the butter and adding flour.
- After this, put milk slowly in it.
- Then add up cheese and other remaining constituents in it for flavouring.
- You can also add up herbs for taste.
- Use good quality chicken or veggies to make your flavorful Sauce.
- For a rich and creamy touch, use dairy cream.
- It would help if you used flour to enhance the thickness.
5. Honey mustard sauce for Gammons
Honey mustard sauce is a sweet sauce and is also used as a sauce for gammon that gives sweetness to the Gammons. You can set the quantity of honey and mustard according to your needs. This sauce is also used with recipes like pretzels etc.
Uses: This Sauce is used as a Gammons side dish. It can also be used in chicken tenders, sandwiches, salads, roasted meat, and veggie dips.
Ingredients: Dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper are the main constituents of this Sauce.
- Put mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and honey in a container to make it.
- Blend all the constituents.
- Add up spices for taste in it.
- Grilled or roasted gammons go amazing with this Sauce.
- Balance all sweetness by keeping in control the use of honey.
- You must use Dijon mustard to improve or adjust the appearance and thickness of the Sauce.
6. Sweet sauce for Gammons
It is a sauce that goes best with Gammons. This Sauce contains pineapple glaze.
Pineapple glaze adds sweetness and richness of tanginess to the Sauce. You can set up Sauce’s sweet and sour taste by adding more or less sugar or pineapple juice.
It is used in dessert toppings, ice cream, and glaze for meat.
Ingredients: pineapple, brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and water are the main constituents of this Sauce.
- To make it, combine all the constituents in a pan and heat it so the sugar simmers.
- Then, add water to obtain the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle spices or herbs.
- Use it with Gammons.
- Balance the sweetness and richness of flavours
- Use an enhancer to enhance the dish’s taste.
7. white Sauce for Gammons
Bechamel sauce is another name for white Sauce. It is used to flavour the Gammons.
The white Sauce has a creamy and velvety touch. You can also add extra flavours or spices to improve your dish taste.
Uses: It is used in creamy pasta dishes, lasagna, vegetables, cakes, chicken, and fish.
Ingredients: butter, flour, grated cheese, milk, salt, and pepper are the main constituents of this Sauce.
- To make it, liquefy the butter and flour it to form a broth.
- Then add milk and grated cheese, salt, and pepper to improve the taste.
- Now the Sauce is ready to enjoy with Gammons.
- Maintain the Consistency of the Sauce by using flour.
- Stir the milk continuously while adding flour to it.
8. Honey sauce for Gammons
The honey sauce is your best when you want to enjoy pure sweet Sauce with your favourite dish. The honey sauce gives a sweet taste to your word.
It includes honey, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- To make it, combine all the constituents in a pan, then heat the pan on the flame.
- Add spices, flavours, and herbs to make it more flavorful.
- The Sauce is ready to enjoy with Gammons.
It is used to add sweetness to dishes, for salad, glaze for meat, and also used as dipping sauce.
Honey usually has a thick consistency, so use the warm honey sauce to attain the desired consistency.
9. onion sauce for Gammons
Onions provide gammons with a flavorful, crunchy, and tasty combination.
Uses: Onion sauce is used for steak topping, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, and chicken, and it is also used as a side dish.
Ingredients: onion, butter, flour, beef or veggies, salt and pepper.
- To make it, liquify the butter, put on the onion, and saute it,
- Then add flour, milk, and all the remaining constituents.
- Allow the Sauce to cool.
- Give out the Sauce with Gammon.
To get the best Sauce of onion, allow the onion to caramelize. (it means sauteing the onion in oil and turning its colour brown)
10. creamy mustard sauce for Gammons
Creamy mustard sauce is a worldwide used sauce and very delicious Sauce that makes a fantastic pairing with Gammons.
Uses: It is used as a dipping sauce, used in sandwiches, salads, in glaze, used for veggies, and also used as a side dish.
- Ingredients: mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cream, honey, salt, and pepper are the main elements for preparing this Sauce.
- To prepare it, put all the constituents in a container and mix all these.
- Add up salt and other spices for taste according to your desire.
Set up the use of cream, mustard, and spices according to your taste.
11. sauce to go with ham
Many sauces go with ham, such as mustard, cranberry, pineapple, and Maple glaze.
- The mustard sauce includes Dijon mustard and honey sauce.
- Cranberry sauce includes all the fruity sauces, that is, the combination of the natural sweetness of fruits and the salty taste of ham.
- Pineapple sauce gives a sour and sweet taste.
- Maple glaze includes maple syrup that adds the richness of sweetness to ham.
Make maple syrup, hot pepper, or peach a delicious combo.
12. creamy mustard sauce for ham
Creamy mustard sauce involves the simple ingredients that pop up with ham to make it more delicious.
This Sauce includes mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, honey, cream salt, and spices.
- To make this Sauce, add up all the elements in a container and mix them.
- Put on salt and other spices for taste.
Always use water during baking to keep the ham moist.
13. onion and mustard sauce
13. onion and mustard sauce:
This Sauce combines onion and mustard, giving the Sauce a crunchy and creamy touch and improving the overall dish flavour.
Uses: It is used for dipping in many dishes, burgers, and sandwiches.
Ingredients, onion, Dijon mustard, cream, salt and spices
Combine all the constituents and add salt and spices for flavour to make it.
Use good quality mustard and saute the onion carefully
14. Gravy for Gammons
Gravy for Gammons is used to improve the meat taste. It enhances the flavour when Sauce is used with the meat.
Ingredients: oil, flour, chicken, veggies, salt and pepper.
- To prepare it, add a few drops of oil in a pan, flour into it, and form a broth.
- Stir it until your required gravy is not included.
- Put on salt and other spices to improve your dish taste.
Make broth carefully, and add spices according to your taste.
Q: What is the gammon traditionally served with?
A: Gammon is served according to someone’s taste, preference, and custom.
Some traditional serving includes pineapple sauce, steamed veggies, and mustard sauce.
Q: What is the best Sauce for Gammons?
A: One of the most popular sauces for gammon is honey and mustard glaze. It improves the dish’s sweetness and gives it a creamy touch.
Q: What gravy goes with the Gammons?
A: Red wine gravy is best for gammon serving
14 best sauces for Gammon
- Gammon’s joint
- Celery stalk
- Bay leave
- Brown sugar
- Take a gammon joint in a boiled water container and add up onion, carrot, bay leaves, and peppercorn in it.
- Allow it to simmer until the gammon is cooked.
- Add sugar, honey, and mustard in a container to make the glaze, and combine them all.
- When gammon is cooked, then place it on the roasted plate.
- Cut the gammon and put on the ice over it
- Then put it into the oven and let it become roasted to light brown.
- When roasted gammon is ready, enjoy it with your favourite Sauce (honey sauce, mustard sauce, cream sauce)